Monday, January 23, 2012

THE GLORY OF REST!


This past weekend we (my wife, son (amazingly) and myself) rested. Like many families, weekends are often filled with activities: church, visiting friends, going ice skating and on and on. I'm not against any of these "things-to-do" per se. They all have a place and a time. But here is my experience: setting aside a major block of time to rest, focus on the Lord and just BE, and especially in the context of your family or other community, can do wonders.

This morning, after the weekend was over, I believe the Lord shared with me several crucial insights for areas I have been struggling in, sometimes over a period of years. Yes, I plan to share these with you! But for the moment, I want (and hope that you will also desire) to step back and, in wonder, proclaim the Glory of Rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment